Friday, February 22, 2013

Piano Obsession

Life has been wonderful. I have started playing piano again. A friend in the ward is giving me piano lessons, to fill in the many gaps I have in my piano knowledge, in exchange for babysitting her awesome kids...total win-win! Now I'm just dying to get a piano in our little apartment so I'm not driving to the church almost every day of the week and hanging out in a dark empty church building for 3+ hours a week.

This is the one I wish I could get:


It's a Yamaha NU1 Hybrid, it works just like an acoustic piano mechanically. It has the same keys used in Yamaha's acoustic pianos but the sound is from digital samples taken from their concert grands. Unfortunately, it weighs 240lbs, making all our future moves much more complicated, and it costs well over $5,000. So....

This is the realistic one I'm looking at for the moment. 




It's a Casio PX-750, an 8th of the price, easily moveable, and still feels much more like an acoustic piano than most "digital" pianos (at least at this price-point). 



I'm also going to need to get a good set of headphones so Scott is still able to do homework in our home after I get it. And so he doesn't realize how long I practice the same thing before it sounds the way it does when I play it for him.

Anyone want to buy these for me as an early birthday present??













No comments:

Post a Comment