Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Staying Busy At Home

I went from being surrounded by 9 2-year-olds all day, to not leaving the house and even at home not being allowed to do anything that keeps me on my feet.

No exercising (even walking), no cooking that I have to stand for more than a few minutes for (microwave is about it), no carrying anything (which means no organizing the house for the new baby), no running errands, etc.

I sit on the couch or lay in bed all day, and this is how I stay spend my days.

1. Reading
     - Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting
     - Little Women (need to finish by 12/6)

     - The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ (need to finish by 12/31)

2. Surfing the Web
     - how to prepare for your new baby
     - preterm birth studies and statistics
     - Facebook
     - find traditions I want to incorporate into our family
     - health insurance stuff
     - baby products
     - finding recipes for when I can cook again
     - Pinterest
3. Creating a Baby Registry on Babyli.st
4. Taking a Free online Photography course
5. Keeping a Pregnancy Journal
6. Watching TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu Plus
7. Blogging (as of today-we'll see how long it lasts)
8. I plan on starting to practice playing the piano again


All in all, I’m staying busy, without ever feeling like I’m actually accomplishing anything with my days.

Tomorrow Scott's out of town for work, which means trying to fill up from when I wake up Thursday morning until my Dr. appointment late Friday afternoon with stuff I can do to make me miss Scott a little less. Hopefully this list will continue to keep me busy until I'm allowed to leave the house again! 

Any suggestions you may have to keep me busy are very much appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment